Our next writing assignment is taken from Workbook P73 (or P67 if you've got a different edition) Exercise 7B. (Reading and Writing Portfolio 2: An email with news.) We will do some preparation in class beforehand. Write about 150 words.
Please note the following:
- Deadline is Monday 12th or Tuesday 13th March.
- Use the format for an email.
- Use an informal style with contracted forms of the verbs.
- Use a variety of connecting words: and, also, What's more; but, however, though . . .
- Use a variety of verb aspects correctly: present simple, present continuous, present perfect, past simple, past continuous . . .
- Use modal verbs correctly: will, can, should, must . . .
- Look at Sections 24 and 25 of our Language Functions handout to get some ideas about starting and ending a letter or email.
- Check your work carefully for grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Be proud of your work; do it well.