Friday, January 25, 2013

This Week's Language Functions


Here are some phrases to help you in your oral test, depending on the situation, of course.

Asking for suggestions:
Any ideas?  
What do you think?
What would you do?
What would you do if you were me?
Have you got any suggestions?
 
Asking for opinions:
What do you think?
What’s your opinion of . . . ?
 
Expression your opinions:
Personally, I think . . .
To be honest, I . . .
In my opinion / view, . . .
I’m convinced that . . .
I suppose that . . .

 Expressing agreement:
I (entirely) agree with what you’re saying.
You’re right!
I think that’s a great idea!
(If you say, “I’m agree with you”*, you’re a real donkey!)

 Expressing disagreement:
No way!
You must be joking!
I don’t agree with you.
I see it differently.
I don’t share your view.
I’m not very keen on that idea.

 

 

 



 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment