In the oral exam, you are required to give a short monologue on a specific theme. It lasts for about 2 minutes.
Choose ONE of these options:
SB Page 17 Ex 8 or SB Page 19 Ex 10.
Use the prompts to give a talk which lasts for 2 minutes. Record it on your ipod / mobile phone and send it to me by email.
Please note that I shall be listening out for:
· Content. Did you cover all of the points?
· Organisation and cohesion. Do you have an introduction and a conclusion?
· Interesting and appropriate vocabulary.
· Good pronunciation. Can you hear the /t/, /d/ or /Id/ of the past tense? Can you hear the “s” of the 3rd person singular present tense? Can you hear good pronunciation of “th”? Can you hear any negative words?
· Good grammar.
· Appropriate register. (Not too formal; not too informal.)
IMPORTANTLY, this is a SPEAKING activity and not a READING activity.
Deadline for NB2A is Monday 21st November; deadline for NB2C is Friday 25th November.